Unisoft CELLS Workflow MES™
Are you currently looking to easily track product, control your process flow, deliver the exact document to your factory floor, and collect quality data? Find out below if CELLS Workflow MES is what you have been looking for.
CELLS Workflow MES Overview
CELLS Workflow MES from Unisoft is a Process Control Software System designed for electronic manufacturers and other industries. CELLS Workflow MES provides the following benefits:
- Work In Process (WIP) tracking of any electronic or non-electronic part, assembly or sub-assembly to the desired level of detail. Instantly know the status of current production and the history of all past production.
- Work flow control "mistake proofing via next step control".
- Data collection and SPC reporting.
- Document delivery & control — the exact documents delivered to each work station on the factory floor.
- For electronics manufacturers active CAD-like display of the PC-Board — find components, pins, shorts between traces instantly.
CELLS Workflow MES puts you in control. CELLS Workflow MES answers these questions: Where does this unit go next? Is this the most current revision? What documents are associated with this unit? What do I do now? When will my work order be completed? How many times has this unit failed before?
CELLS Workflow MES is a mature software product that has tracked millions of transactions for our clients. CELLS Workflow MES is proven in the most stringent environments such as FDA audited class 1 medical electronic device manufacturers. Yet CELLS Workflow MES is simple to set up, in less than a day you can be using CELLS Workflow MES to improve quality, control process, aid ISO-9000 requirements and increase your company's bottom line.
A Brief of the CELLS Workflow MES Process Flow and Features
- Logging on to the CELLS Workflow MES system and opening unit
- Viewing documents in the CELLS Workflow MES system
- Unit history
- Task list
- Logging defects
- Moving units to the next process step
- SPC quality reports
- Additional CELLS Workflow MES information
- Contact information
CELLS Workflow MES Process Flow and Features
1. Logging on to the CELLS Workflow MES System and Opening a Unit
Logging on to CELLS Workflow MES can be individually password protected. Additionally grouping is allowed to aid in qualifying the employee performing an operation (QA, inspection, repair group, etc.).
You can open units by one of the following methods:
- By Serial Number
- By Work Order lot # and quantity — if units are not serialized you can open by lot # or a portion of a lot #
- By Event ID — This code is assigned when a part or subassembly is removed from a unit; the ID number will tie the item removed back to the original unit
- Pick from list — This option enables you to select from a list of work that is waiting at your current operation.
Open by Serial Number
By serial number is the most common way to open a unit. After the serial number is scanned or entered manually, CELLS Workflow MES then goes through a series of checks to see if the operator is authorized to access the system.
Check the next step operation
If the operator is the correct person to perform the next step CELLS Workflow MES will then:
- Find associated information topics, documents, and web pages for the current operation step
- Find drawings and overlays associated with the serial number and the operation step
- Find the history for the serial number
2. Document Delivery and Management
The exact documents are delivered to each operation step to aid the individual in doing their job. CELLS Workflow MES points to the document location so you are assured only the latest revision is delivered automatically.
CELLS Workflow MES has a flexible delivery system to send virtually any type of document from any source to your factory floor. CELLS Workflow MES allows either direct file link or via web browser pages. Also, template type overlays can be added to the current display to show annotations, highlighted areas, etc. Documents can be associaed in multiple ways, for example with the whole unit, a specific part number, or just a single item or component.
Example of overlays and annotations
Hot spot any area of the display or just a single item or component. Specification information is automatically available behind every item or component.
Example of web browser — Deliver a single web page or an entire internal intranet.
Example of web browser — Use all the rich components of the web such as text, graphics, multimedia (movies / audio), email, Java, plugins, etc.
You may wish to view the history of a unit to see where it's been, what's been done to it, or the defects that have occurred. CELLS Workflow MES provides you an easy way to find that information in an open database environment (ODBC).
4. Task List
If the operation step calls for it, CELLS Workflow MES creates a task list with required items to be completed.
5. Logging Defects
CELLS Workflow MES provides accurate and quick logging of defects. All defect codes specific to each operation are available. Select the type of problem and it is logged automatically.
6. Moving units to the next process step
Moving to the Next Step — Typical options for movement are Pass, Electrical Failure, Mechanical Failure, Scrap, Sub-assembly complete, Send to stock, etc. CELLS Workflow MES routes and tracks the unit accordingly.
7. SPC Reporting
Once CELLS Workflow MES has collected work in progress (WIP), failure/quality or other data, you can create reports against it using standard reports supplied within CELLS Workflow MES or create your own reports using MS Access, MS Excel, SAS, Crystal Reports, etc. (You may use any report writer or analysis tool that supports ODBC.) You can even publish the reports to your CELLS Workflow MES intranet or provide dynamic report generation through CELLS Workflow MES or any web browser.
8. Additional CELLS Workflow MES Information
Open Standards Mean More Choices for You
- Active-X automation
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 or higher (Windows 10, etc.).
- Pentium class or higher microprocessor
- 32 MB of RAM minimum
- Customer selected ODBC compliant database
- Improves quality — provides faster production feedback
- Aids ISO-9000 implementation and compliance
- Aids high mix / low volume manufacturers — instructions from a previous production run are stored so restarting the same product is simplified
9. Contact information
Have questions or want more information? Contact us.